Monday, July 30, 2012

If I had my little way I'd eat peaches every day.

One day I told my friend that peaches were my favourite fruit. Her reaction was unsettling and far from what I expected. She passionately disagreed. Her argument: bananas are much more versatile. Well, yes. The versatility of banana will not be argued. Bananas certainly have their role - they scream winter, warm the soul and satisfy hunger. However, I find something so boring about how they are just so available. Twelve months of the year, a beautiful green/yellow/brown (whatever you fancy) banana is right there. 

I wait 10 months of the year for peach season. Anxiously and with anticipation. I day dream of their refreshing, juicy taste and their invigorating aroma. A peach energizes me with thoughts of summer, sunshine, and blissfully frolicking through an unkempt meadow (which by the way, never actually happens).  This charming video from Roost sings ode to the peach and quite elegantly captures the pureness and happiness of this precious little fruit (as in, I bruise like a peach, kind of precious).


video from: www.roostblog.com

Please do take a visit over to Roost to enjoy the stunning photography, charming videos and delicious recipes. Your eyes will be forever grateful. 

And just to prove that peaches can rival bananas in terms of versatility, here are some recipes that may please your palate:

PB&J Makeover
Peach Tart
Peach Mango Popsicles 
Spinach Salad with Grilled Peaches and Gorgonzola
Grilled Pork Chops with Ginger Peach Chutney
Peach and Tomato Gazpacho with Cucumber Yogurt 
Peach and Pecan Oat Crumble Bars 
Frozen Peach Bellini 
Peach Crisp 

Wishing you fragrant, juicy peaches and happy days,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment